Subsurface Utility Information
PROVIDING SUBSURFACE INSIGHTS THAT ALLOW INFORMED DECISIONS
Patriot Environmental have formed a strategic partnership with Utility Mapping Pty Ltd, who are experts and experienced at applying geophysical techniques and technology to capture, interpret and present subsurface information through high-quality GIS products and reporting tools.
Using an array of geophysical equipment and techniques, we offer the subsurface information your design teams need to enable a realistic and viable design to be established before construction. Our Utility Surveys include Pipes, Cables, Cellars, Underground Storage Tanks (UST’s) and Buried Structures. Our field urveyors accurately position all underground utilities, anomalies and structures located, allowing for easy integration onto topographical survey data. We include all relative information such as; depths, utility type, size, material, direction of flow and configuration (when multiple conduits are present) with our deliverables.
Utility Mapping conduct Utility Surveys to Australian Standard 5488 Subsurface Utility Information (SUI) so we can work with our clients through any stage of design or construction from:.
- Desktop record searches (Quality Level – D)
- Topographical surveys (Quality Level – C)
- Utility detection & mapping (Quality Level – B)
- Vacuum excavation / Potholing (Quality Level – A)
OUR PARTNERSHIP ALLOWS US TO OFFER TOTAL SUBSURFACE UTILITY SERVICE SOLUTIONS
From a single point of contact, our Land Surveyor will plan and execute the Utility Detection, Survey, Vacuum Excavation and CAD Modelling. In addition, we ensure the data we collect is managed from a single source that can either be based in your project of office to enable your engineers and designers to obtain information on hand.
Stage 1 – Desktop Record Search (DBYD)
- Collation of existing utility information
- Conduct Dial Before You Dig (DBYD) search
Stage 2 – Survey and Locating
- Using an array of geophysical techniques and equipment to search for known and unknown utilities and underground infrastructure
- Compile complex 2D and or 3D drawing of underground services, can be incorporated into plans to depict the alignment of the utility
Stage 3 – 2D and 3D CAD Modelling
- CAD modelling delivered in a range of formats such as 12D, Navisworks, Revit, AutoCAD, and interactive PDF’s
- We can provide our deliverable in 3D wireframe, 3D model, or 2D CAD
Stage 4 – Non Destructive Digging (NDD) and Survey
- The non-destructive investigation is safe way to expose underground utilities
- Process allows for additional data attributes such as type, size, material, configuration and RL of the utility to be gathered. This information is collated and displayed in pothole report
Stage 5 – Update the 2D and 3D CAD Model
- Pot hole report is uploaded into design to allow for more comprehensive model
- The Pot Hole data is embedded into interactive PDF enables all Pot Hole Reports to be accessed and viewed in single document
Stage 6 – Augmented Reality and Field Visualisation
- Utility Survey data uploaded in the Augview system
- Augmented Reality allows viewing utilities in real time married in with Google Street View
Contact Us Now for a Quote